Back pain is more common in the lower back region. Backache can be felt anywhere along your spine, from your neck to hips. Correct back pain treatment is essential to relieve your back pain symptoms. Backache can range from a muscle aching to shooting, stabbing, or burning sensation.
The pain might radiate down your leg or worsen with movements like bending, twisting, lifting, walking, or standing. The back pain is considered chronic if it lasts for more than 12 weeks. People who suffer from back pain experience any combination of the following symptoms:
- Pain could be constant or could occur at irregular intervals.
- Soreness when the affected area is touched.
- Difficulty in performing routine activities like bending, standing, or walking due to pain.
- The pain is localized or radiates to the legs, passing through the buttocks and thighs.
- Pain in the leg or foot that radiates.
- Pain only on one side of the buttock or leg.
- Tingling or numbness in the lower body or limbs.
- Difficulty in controlling functions of bowel and bladder
Back Pain Causes
- Occupational strain: This involves excessive bending and lifting weights, twisting or driving.
- Lifestyle issues: This happens when the patient leads a sedentary lifestyle, gains weight and does not exercise.
- Physical causes: Osteoarthritis, disc degeneration, fracture, injury, tumour or infection in the spine (rare condition)
- Age factors: The pain is caused by osteoporosis, disc and joint degeneration, and soft tissue strain.
- Medical conditions: Back pain is common in the case of pregnancy or obesity.
If you need urgent care, simply call our 24 hour emergency hotline.